Friday, January 18, 2013

Six Backend as a Service(BaaS) Providers Discuss the Industry at #APIStrat in NYC

Backend as a Service (BaaS), sometimes called Mobile Backend is a Service (MBaaS) is a growing trend I’m monitoring at API Evangelist. I’m tracking on 20 providers in the space, with two newly added open-source BaaS platforms.

Beyond the research, stories and analysis on BaaS, I just added a BaaS panel at the API Strategy & Practice Conference in New York City, February 21st and 22nd. The panel will include six of the leading BaaS platforms:

API play a critical role in BaaS platforms by providing interfaces for the common services emerging in the BaaS space, like object storage, user management and location, to name a few, but also bring in other 3rd party services like Twitter and Facebook.

I will be moderating this new BaaS panel at APIStrat, and will make sure the discussion. Let me know if there are any questions about the space, you’d like to ask.



from API Evangelist http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ApiEvangelist/~3/Ooe_JM_I2wE/

No comments: